Followers

Thursday 11 October 2012

Dr. Dre Wants To Take A Music Break


The icon also talks Kendrick Lamar and Slim The Mobster.

Dr. Dre is a man with many options and sometimes even those gentlemen want to relax for awhile.

The Aftermath head spoke to FADER TV at the recent opening of his Beats By Dre store in New York and admitted that he didn't think his company would be this successful.

"I'm shocked myself as to how well they're doing, we're going to keep the exciting product coming," Dre said. "We're trying to be second to Apple and I don't think that's a bad position."

Dre said he began in the industry, learning the bare bones of production.

"I started out on a mixing board first when I was 15 or 16 years old," Dre recalled. "I had the opportunity to go in this guy's garage that had a mixing board so I learned that technic first before I touched a drum machine or was even interested in producing … which I think gave me an edge over the other producers out there."

And though Eminem and 50 Cent's mentor has plans for two new MCs, he's ready to relax for a bit himself.

"These are the next two artists I'm working on, Slim The Mobster and Kendrick Lamar, I think that's when I'm going to wrap it up for a minute because I've been working on music for 27 years now," he said. "The longest I've ever been out of the studio in 27 years is two weeks, so I feel like I want to take a little bit of a break. I never want to stop music, it's like air to me. I going to take a break and enjoy some time with the family until I get that itch to go back in."Now ain't we gonna miss him???

No comments: