Followers

Thursday 11 October 2012

Eminem Reunites With 8 Mile Cast for 10 Year Anniversary

The Detroit rapper reflects on his movie beginnings.

As one of the greatest hip hop movies of all time, 8 Mile is celebrating its ten year anniversary. And the biopic's front man is ready to reflect. Covering the most recent issue of Vibe, Eminem brought his cast together to look back on the entire filming experience while shedding light on the close knit relationships he maintains with his fellow actors. Joined by Mekhi Phifer, Anthony Mackie and others, Slim Shady gave a candid glimpse into what was going through his mind during the making of the movie.

"I definitely felt like I was about to embark on some s--t that was not necessarily up my alley," said the Detroit lyricist. "It was all brand new, and I'm so glad I had all of these guys around me. My hardest part was remembering the lines. 'Cause really, all I had to do was take myself back into the mind frame of how I felt before I got signed with Dre. It wasn't really too much to just be myself."

The hip hop celebrity also revealed that the movie provided an opportunity for bonds with Phifer, Mackie and others. After six weeks of rehearsals and additional production time, the actors became great friends and have kept in touch throughout the years. Em is currently working on his eighth studio album, which is yet to be named.lets wait for this YEAR BANGER!!!

No comments: